Design Museum Venue Hire W8
Host your event in London’s newest venue located on Kensington High Street with beautiful views over Holland Park. The stunningly refurbished 1960s building is the only public building designed by John Pawson, and features an incredible hyperbolic paraboloid roof.
The Design Museum features three beautiful spaces for hire: the Helene and Johannes Huth Gallery, the atrium and the Bakala auditorium.
The Helene and Johannes Huth Gallery is located on the second floor of the museum with views over Holland Park. It’s a versatile event space offering you the opportunity to host product launches, business meetings and conferences, receptions and banquets and pop-up exhibitions. This space also opens out onto the Designer Maker User exhibition.
The atrium is the Design Museum’s showcase evening event space, providing a dramatic, triple height space with stunning views of the iconic roof and surrounding architecture. Ideal for evening drinks receptions, awards ceremonies and dinners, the atrium can also be hired for morning breakfast events and tours before public opening hours.
The atrium features:
• 314sqm of space on the ground floor, plus extra capacity on the mezzanine and first floor balcony
• capacity for up to 150 guests seated for dinner
• capacity for up to 270 standing on the ground floor or 800 including the above levels
• availability to combine with the Bakala Auditorium for awards ceremonies and conferences
• availability to include a private view of one of the Design Museum’s acclaimed exhibitions
The Helene and Johannes Huth Gallery
The Helene and Johannes Huth Gallery is located on the second floor of the Design Museum with floor to ceiling windows offering natural daylight and views of Holland Park. This versatile event space is available for both day and evening hire and offers a flexible blank canvas to create a bespoke setting for product launches, conferences, drinks receptions and awards dinners.
The Helene and Johannes Huth Gallery features:
• 319sqm of space, with a retractable wall system which allows the room to be divided into smaller sections for both larger and more intimate events
• capacity for up to 200 guests seated or 220 standing
• The Helene and Johannes Huth Gallery is located directly adjacent to the Design Museum’s permanent exhibition, Designer Maker User
The Bakala auditorium
The Bakala Auditorium is a 202-seat theatre style space with in-built AV facilities. This sleek and contemporary space is suitable for conferences, panel discussions, film screenings, lectures and award ceremonies.
The Bakala Auditorium features:
• 460sqm of space with fixed tiered seating
• fixed technical control position for HD projector with wireless presentation options
• 4.7m x 2.65m (16:9) screen
• surround sound PA system
• includes 1 x AV technician
• availability to combine with the atrium for an evening drinks receptions
• availability to combine with the Helene and Johannes Huth Gallery for a daytime breakout spacePackages
Bespoke packages available upon request.
Looking for a unique and inspiring venue for your event?
Located on Kensington High Street with beautiful views over Holland Park, the world’s leading museum devoted to contemporary design is an architectural icon and available to hire for corporate and private events.
The Design Museum’s stunningly refurbished 1960s building offers multiple venues for a range of different events including drinks receptions, conferences, awards ceremonies, dinners, product launches and meetings.
The museum operates as a registered charity and all funds generated through venue hire go towards supporting the Museum’s vision for everyone to understand the value of design.