Wakehurst Place is a stunning Elizabethan mansion with ornamental gardens managed by Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, and surrounded by 465 acres of country estate. The Grade 1 listed mansion was previously owned by Lord Wakehurst and the Price family but is now owned by the National Trust and offers a variety of both intimate and spacious venues. The venue has a variety of event spaces, these include:
- The Gallery- The Gallery leads out onto the stunning formal lawns, and each room in the Mansion has a spectacular view of the surrounding grounds.
- The Dining Room- Adjoining the Gallery, the Dining Room’s grand wood panelled walls and ornamental carved fire place create a lavish atmosphere for a seated wedding breakfast. The room opens onto a formal lawn, sectioned off from the public, where guests can sip champagne on arrival or between your ceremony and wedding breakfast.
- The Magnolia Room- For smaller meetings of two to ten people, theMagnolia Room is the perfect location for a private meeting where you can be sure you will have no disturbances.
- The Orange Room- The stunning contemporary glasshouse structure of the Millennium Seed Bank is a refreshing contrast to the historic mansion and is a perfect space for drinks receptions, seated dining or evening receptions.
- The Marquee- Set on the beautiful croquet lawns with the magnificent backdrop of the Elizabethan mansion house, a marquee at Wakehurst Place is a wonderful setting for a corporate event or large family celebration.
Exclusive use of the building can be arranged for larger events. In addition to this, both the Gallery and the Dining Room are spacious and light and can be used independently or together, depending on your requirements.
Venue hire fee does not include any audiovisual equipment which must be hired through the approved supplier.
Conference & Events Packages 2016
Bespoke packages available on request.
- Heritage Venue
- Owned by Natural Trust
- Managed by Royal Botanical Gardens
- Exclusive venue hire available
- Bespoke event packages available
- West Sussex location
- Outside space
- 5 main event spaces
- Licensed for wedding ceremonies