George III and his family used Key Palace and its landscape garden as a country retreat, and it was here that the King was kept from the public eye when he was seriously ill. Key Palace is intimate and domestic in scale and character. Its pattern is taken from original wallpaper in the doll’s house that George’s daughters decorated in the style of their full-scale home.
This unique and versatile venue offers all the facilities of a modern meeting venue, but with the added excitement of its period feel, historic resonance and high tech audio-visual facilities. The building provides a spacious and light setting, whilst retaining its unusual and intimate ambience. The venue is ideal for intimate Christmas parties with a very exclusive feel;
- KING’S DINING ROOM- This simple, but elegant hall was both the family dining room of King George III and where he entertained the leading lights of the arts and science worlds. The furnishings and décor of this dining room look as they did when King George III lived here; a time when the King hosted lively dinners for his friends, famous subjects and society’s leading lights. Today, a long, graceful table can seat 24 of your most fascinating colleagues and friends for intimate dinners. The Kings Breakfast Room, displaying objects that explore the palace’s role in raising three generations of royal children, is perfect for receptions before dinner in the King’s Dining Room
- ROYAL GEORGIAN KITCHENS- Having lain untouched since Queen Charlotte’s death in 1818, the Royal Kitchens at Kew have now been opened to the public. The great kitchen is an impressive room with its original 18th century split door, roasting range, charcoal grill, pastry oven and kitchen table. This fascinating space would have been bustling with activity when the royal family was at Kew. This space is a wonderfully atmospheric venue for large receptions.
- QUEEN CHARLOTTE’S COTTAGE- Set amongst the bluebells, this rustic cottage was where the royal family picnicked and took tea on summer walks through the gardens. Today, this romantic cottage and its rural setting are a picturesque place for an intimate dinner à deux or for an informal summer gathering for 40 guests.
Christmas Party Packages 2017
- Historic Royal Palace
- Private dining
- Exclusive venue hire
- Bespoke events packages available
- Excellent transport links
- 30 minutes from Central London
- Bespoke guided tours
- Private viewings
- Outside space
- Disabled access