Kensington Palace is an exquisite working royal residence favoured by Queens and princesses since the 17th century. The childhood home of Queen Victoria and residence of Diana, Princess of Wales, Kensington Palace has recently been refurbished and offers a variety of elegant venues set within beautiful ornamental gardens.
The iconic venue has a range of incredible event spaces suitable for a variety of events, these include:
- THE ORANGERY- The delightful, light and airy Orangery features elegant scrollwork, graceful arches and floor-to-ceiling windows. The adjoining Terrace makes for a wonderful indoor-outdoor space and overlooks an avenue of trees and lawns.
- CUPOLA ROOM- The formal routines of court life and royal business were conducted in these finely decorated rooms which include the Cupola room where Queen Victoria was christened and the King’s Drawing Room with its magnificent ceiling. Excellent for hosting dinners and may be combined with a reception in the Sunken Garden.
- QUEEN’S GALLERY- This large, light room with its barrel-vaulted ceiling was Queen Mary II’s personal sitting room where she entertained friends. Today, it is perfect for pre-dinner receptions.
- THE HUB- The dramatic entrance hall of Kensington Palace features a stunning light sculpture composed of electroluminescent wire dappled with Swarovski crystals. The design is an exact replica of Queen Victoria’s wedding dress.
- KINGS GALLERY- The largest and longest of the state apartments at Kensington Palace, the King’s Gallery looks pretty much as it was when decorated for King George I in 1727. The King’s Gallery was used for displaying pictures as well as for exercise and it is dominated by a copy of Van Dyck’s noble portrait of Charles I on horseback at its east end.
- THE SUNKEN GARDEN- The beautiful Sunken Garden was planted in 1908, transforming part of the gardens previously occupied by potting sheds into a tranquil ornamental garden of classical proportions. It was modelled on a similar garden at Hampton Court Palace and celebrated a style of gardening seen in the 18th century.
- KINGS DRAWING ROOM- A magnificent space inside the Palace, the King’s Drawing Room can host 90 guests for the wedding supper or up to 100 for a reception. This room is flooded with lots of natural light, with the windows looking out over spectacular views of the Gardens, fantastic for morning receptions.
Conference & Events Packages 2017
Bespoke packages available on request.
- Historic Palace
- Iconic Venue
- Heritage venue
- Exclusive venue hire
- Over 7 incredible event spaces
- Bespoke event packages available on request
- Outside garden & terrace
- Natural daylight